The 20th Anniversary Celebration Continues on the Fun Ship: Day 7

Who: Rich and Kathy
Where: Los Angeles to the Mexican Riviera
What: Carnival Miracle
When: August 13-20, 2016
Why: The 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration Continues

Another sleepy morning at sea relaxing in our cabin. We finally made our way out of our cabin around 11 am and checked out the formal photos from last night. There was a very good photo of Kathy that we purchased.

We walked the promenade briefly and then headed to the atrium lounge for a couple glasses of Domaine Chandon Brut for sipping while we relaxed.



At lunchtime, we headed up to the Lido pool where we got lunch from the poolside grill. Kathy had a cheeseburger and fries and Rich had a couple hot dogs with sauerkraut and fries. We listened to the DJ music as we ate.

We made a donation to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital and received a t-shirt for Rich.

Then it was time to head away from noise and crowds of the last day at sea and head back to our cabin for a rest. The debarkation information was waiting for us in the cabin — we’ll meet in the Bacchus Dining Room on Deck 3 at 7:45 am to be the first off the ship tomorrow morning.

We had a long rest in the cabin. Finally it was time to pack and then get ready for dinner in the buffet. Kathy had salad, jambalaya, and a bite of pizza. Rich had jambalaya, cornmeal chicken, ricotta ravioli, and a couple slices of pizza. A few bites of carrot cake ended the meal.

Back in the cabin after our last turn down service, we poured the last of our Merlot and sipped it while sitting on the balcony watching the ocean go bye. 8:00 pm was time for our movie, St. Vincent, and then bed time to rest up for debarkation tomorrow.

Disembarkation and Final Thoughts

Carnival had a nice setup for the walkoffs who were either Platinum or who had Faster to the Fun. We got to wait in the dining room with coffee, juice, and pastries, while we waited for the all-clear. We didn’t have to wait long and then we were back in the parking lot to pick up our car, load our bags, and drive the 4 hours home to Las Vegas.

We made really good time – it might have only taken 3.5 hours to reach home. The kitties were happy to see us and we were happy to be home. Unfortunately, during our first night home, we woke up sick and called 911. Kathy was taken to the emergency room and as it turned out, we both had pneumonia. We’re both much better but still recovering.

We may have had enough cruising for now – tired of getting pneumonia after cruising even though we got our flu shots and pneumonia shots and wash our hands religiously. I guess all it takes is somebody sneezing or touching something to get sick in these tight quarters.

But as we put together the trip diaries and some of our photos, we recall what fun we had, and we’ll probably cruise again.

In the meantime, it’s time for some Disney!

About Rich Eckardt

Byzantine Catholic Convert. Knight of Columbus. Celebrant of the Divine Office.